Beyond the Clouds
Beyond the Clouds explores the constituent elements of good practice in crisis work, providing theoretical foundations and practical tools in the context of a metaphorical journey through the clouds. Byinvestigating and sharing his own worldwide experience in crisis contexts developed over more than 20 years, the authorstimulates-through metaphors, anecdotes, and personal reflections--the reader's internal exploration.
Beyond the Clouds focuses on the conceptualization of crisis intervention as a co-constructed process, presents the innovative concept of MAP (My Awareness Process),contextualizes the role of the therapeutic power of play and play therapy in crisis settings, and underlines the relevance of symbols,writing, and metaphors in processing experiences and expanding self-knowledge and awareness. Readers will:
- Explore the dimensions of good practice in crisis work, providing theoretical foundations and practical resources.
- Appreciate the expressive power of symbols, writing, and metaphors in processing experiences and expanding self-knowledge and awareness.
- Engage in conceptualizing crisis intervention as a process of co-construction specifying the role of professionals in the field.
- Start developing the reader's own MAP as a personal guide in crisis work by undertaking a path of introspection.
- Recognize and uphold the use of the therapeutic power of play and play therapy in crisis settings.
"Beautifully blending science and theory, Mochi is a master storyteller who, with his vast experience, takes us on his personal journey working in crises intervention. In this highly accessible volume, enhanced by his use of metaphor and stories, Mochi outlines core dimensions of best practices in crisis intervention. A must read-I could not put it down!"
-- Sue C. Bratton, PhD, LPC-S, RPT-S, Professor Emerita and Director Emerita, Center for Play Therapy, University of North Texas
"Beyond the Clouds is a beautiful gift, an inspiration, and a call to action. The premise of pausing long enough to process the reciprocity between those of us 0who want to be of service and those who are recipients is profound. Claudio is purposeful in his work, and he shares what he has learned 0with great generosity and humility. It transported me; I highly recommend it!"
-- Eliana Gil, Ph.D., Gil Institute for Trauma Recovery & Education, Fairfax, Virginia
From Loving Healing Press www.LHPress.com